Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Sumanth <su...@promptcloud.com> on 2023/07/06 03:46:58 UTC

Documentation / Resources to help getting started with Elasticsearch Adapter

Hi Calcite Devs,

I am planning on using Apache Calcite to connect with ElasticSearch.

I was not able to find documentation for the same in Apache Calcite Website
apart from documentation explaining connecting to ElasticSearch using
sqlline (Which i was facing errors and was not able to rectify).

If possible, Could you please share any / all getting started resources on
onnecting to ElasticSearch programmatically or any existing code sampled
that we can use to connect to ElasticSearch.

I am new to Java and it was hard to infer the Calcite Elasticsearch Adapter
Code to connect. It would be really helpful if I could get a tutorial
document on connecting to ElasticSearch programmatically.

Thanks in advance for your help and all the work you are doing with Calcite
and I will make sure to share these resources with the community if it
helps me. So others with the same issue can refer to it.

--
*Kind Regards*
*Sumanth*

Re: Documentation / Resources to help getting started with Elasticsearch Adapter

Posted by xiong duan <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Sumanth,

As Alessandro mentioned, the document will show how to use the sqlline to
search the Elasticsearch.
If you have the Calcite Code, we can find some test in Elasticsearch module.
And If you want to create Jdbc connection, you can try add the
Elasticsearch-Schema-File as the connection property "model" value.

Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com> 于2023年7月7日周五 05:28写道:

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Joe, Sumanth,

Posted by Joe Talafous <jt...@gmail.com>.