Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 14:01:02 UTC

Kafka OS vs. Confluent EE - adoption metrics

Hello,

I am doing some high-level analysis on the service offerings which we want
to adopt. Currently, confluent comes up as the most popular provider of
apache kafka both on bare metal and as-a-service on public cloud (AWS, GCP,
etc.).

That said, I am interested to know the user experience for Kafka OS and
Confluent. I also acknowledge that confluent provides certain enhancement
(monitoring, diagnosis, etc.) over original OS version ( listed on
confluent.io/product/compare), But is it possible get some user stories on
why we have chosen one over other based on use cases?

I hope the confluent dev/users aren't taking this as a criticism. My
intention is just to get the user stories for choosing one over other.

I would be grateful for any info.

Regards,