Posted to users@flex.apache.org by robert_dodier <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/01 00:31:53 UTC

How to capture mx.rpc errors to a log file

Hi,

I am working with Flex and BlazeDS. The client sends a request for data to
display once a minute. If there is an interruption in the Internet
connection (e.g., wifi is down temporarily) then the client displays a
pop-up window with "RPC Error" in the title bar and "Send failed" in the
body of the pop-up window. These appear to be instances of mx.rpc.Fault. Is
there a way to capture those errors to a log file? Thanks for any hints.

best,

Robet

Re: How to capture mx.rpc errors to a log file

Posted by robert_dodier <ro...@gmail.com>.
Alex Harui wrote
> There is a Logging class in Flex.  Not sure if it will help or not.  See
> mx.logging package.

Thanks, Alex. I am looking at the documentation for the logging system and
it appears I need to construct a custom logger which has an event listener
for FaultEvents. I'll give it a try, but if your or anyone has any specific
advice about that, I would be interested to hear it.

best,

Robert Dodier

Re: How to capture mx.rpc errors to a log file

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.