Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2005/09/17 12:43:37 UTC

test jdbcapi/blobclob4BLOB...

Hi,
 The master for the test jdbcapi/blobclob4BLOB includes a number of
'FAIL...unexpected exception...' tests.
For instance, clobTest94 results in:
-----
ERROR XJ073: The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer available. The BLOB
or
CLOBs transaction may be committed, or its connection is closed.
 stack is like this:
 at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(
StandardException.java:301)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedClob.noStateChangeLOB(EmbedClob.java:794)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedClob.getCharacterStream(EmbedClob.java
:289)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedClob.length(EmbedClob.java:151)
-----
This is after the 3rd row, from the while loop doing rs.getInt and
rs.getClob.
 Does anyone know what is going on here?
 I did find one reference in the old Cloudscape tracking system mentioning
that the output of the test should get updated, as this is 'expected'
because this test 'has always had this problem'. With this comment '[these]
are tests to make sure that java.sql.Blob [and Clob] objects cannot be used
over commit borders'.
I don't see how a commit gets involved in getting a clob from a resultset,
so I don't know why these errors would be expected?
 (Note - I'm trying to analyze a NullPointerException in this test on OS390,
but the canon for linux/windoze never even gets as far as the test on that
other platform.)
 Thx,
Myrna