Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Brian Dunlap <bd...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/01 00:14:43 UTC

Re: [VOTE] RC2: Apache Geode (Incubating) first Milestone release - v1.0.0-incubating.M1

Hi everyone -

I'm new to the Geode community - not sure if this impacts the M1 RC2
decision.

Today, while trying a clean build against rel/v1.0.0-incubating.M1.RC2, I'm
getting this failure:

:gemfire-core:test

com.gemstone.gemfire.distributed.internal.membership.gms.messenger.JGroupsMessengerJUnitTest
> testMulticastTest FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertFalse(Assert.java:64)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertFalse(Assert.java:74)
        at
com.gemstone.gemfire.distributed.internal.membership.gms.messenger.JGroupsMessengerJUnitTest.testMulticastTest(JGroupsMessengerJUnitTest.java:818)

1850 tests completed, 1 failed, 35 skipped

I was following the build instructions from github and running these
targets:
gradle build installDist

Since the build fails, no worky-worky on kicking the tires.

Any suggestions?

I'm on the latest Java 8 JDK (71)  and running on El Capitan (10.11.3)

Thanks!
Brian -

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Brian,

I have raised a ticket for you.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-884

Please let me know if you require any more help.

--Udo

GEODE-857 (was Re: [VOTE] RC2: Apache Geode (Incubating) first Milestone release - v1.0.0-incubating.M1)

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
I think we’ve finally found and fixed this issue.  Thanks again for the report Brian!

Anthony

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Brian Dunlap <bd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anthony -