Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org> on 2018/05/10 10:25:23 UTC

Apache Isis Demo App

Dear users and developers,

we've started a new github project for a demo app [1], meant to demonstrate Apache Isis' UI features.

The app itself is yet in an early stage, does not show much, but is ready to be filled with content.

We have a first working docker image, which is auto-built and hosted on hub.docker.com. For anyone familiar with docker, its now just 3 commands and you have a running Apache Isis Demo, freshly built from the latest sources.

If you'd like to contribute and help us with the app itself, you are very welcome to get involved on github [1].

Kind regards,
Andi Huber

[1] https://github.com/andi-huber/isis-2-demo

Re: Apache Isis Demo App

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
Thanks Dan!

Currently the public docker image for this demo has about 137MB size. It includes a tomcat 9 installation plus 2 build scripts, one for Isis and one for the demo app.

After executing the build scripts, filesystem usage of the associated docker container easily exceeds 500MB, so I decided not to include these builds with the docker file. Instead let users call these scripts 'manually', which also allows up-to-date rebuilding from scratch without having to pull a new docker image.

I'm not sure how well this approach fits with our CI/CD pipeline, but I'm happy to give it a try.

Cheers, Andi!

Re: Apache Isis Demo App

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Andi,

Re: Apache Isis Demo App

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your feedback!

Re: Apache Isis Demo App

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
hi Andi,

Re: Apache Isis Demo App

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.
Just realized, that I introduced 2 bugs with the latest refactoring sessions (Isis) this weekend, resulting in class not found issues.These are fixed now.

Re: Apache Isis Demo App

Posted by Andi Huber <ah...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Isis Demo App

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.