Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by "Rezaei, Mohammad A." <Mo...@gs.com> on 2017/08/01 02:37:59 UTC

Github's proposed new site policy -- please help review

Github is about to publish a new site policy and I think it has some language that is not as clear as it could be. Given the number of Apache projects hosted on Github, I hope this is of interest to the group. I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this.

I tried to provide some comments, but I can't seem to get through to them. You can see the discussion here:
https://github.com/github/site-policy/pull/1#pullrequestreview-50154735

Sorry to burden this group with this, but am I being too nitpicky? Do you think the new proposed language can cause confusion?

Thanks
Moh

Re: Github's proposed new site policy -- please help review

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Moh,

This is just my personal opinion.

I do not have any concerns with the proposed language.

It is consistent with section 5 of the ALv2.

Projects that only want to accept contributions under separate terms are
free to do so. If they don't want to accept a contribution under the
in-out model they are free to reject that contribution. Nothing says
that you have to accept a pull request.

Mark