Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by aladdin <al...@csunv.com> on 2007/07/22 05:15:19 UTC

Paths, Directories, Cookies: How do you get a session, or a file?

After using Tomcat for over a year, one thing I still can't get straight is
how directories are resolved.  I would love it if someone could point me to a
reference that ties together the context in server.xml, mod_jk mounts, and
web.xml mappings, particularly with regard to an Apache front end.

I would love this reference in general, because I have lots of questions in
this regard, but immediately I am particularly interested in the way Tomcat
stores and resolves its session cookies.  Why would a filter I have written
will give a correct session with the uri /app-name/members/trbmsg.jsp, but a
null session with the uri /app-name/members/logout.jsp?

TIA,
anw

Re: Paths, Directories, Cookies: How do you get a session, or a file?

Posted by aladdin <al...@csunv.com>.
Hmm!  That's true, the jsp page a sendRedirect then does the invalidate, but
sometimes it does get a session.  Why wouldn't the jsp page be checked by the
filter before it ever started executing?  Could it be a race condition?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.