Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Farouk <fa...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/07 15:33:52 UTC

Migration from flink 1.7.2 to 1.8.0

Hi

We are migrating our app to Flink 1.8.0.

We built a docker image like this as Hadoop is not anymore bundled :

FROM myrepo:50000/flink:1.8.0-scala_2.11-alpine

ADD --chown=flink:flink
https://my-artifactory-repo/artifactory/my-repo/org/apache/flink/flink-shaded-hadoop2-uber/2.8.3-1.8.0/flink-shaded-hadoop2-uber-2.8.3-1.8.0.jar
/opt/flink/lib

When running Flink, we are facing the stack trace below  :

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain.createOutputCollector(OperatorChain.java:284)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain.createChainedOperator(OperatorChain.java:360)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain.createOutputCollector(OperatorChain.java:296)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain.<init>(OperatorChain.java:133)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:267)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:711)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Any idea on what's happening ?

I think it's a problem with classloading.

With Flink 1.7.2, every thing works fine

Thanks
Farouk

Re: Migration from flink 1.7.2 to 1.8.0

Posted by Farouk <fa...@gmail.com>.