Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jad El Omeiri <ja...@robertheath.co.uk> on 2014/01/24 14:29:42 UTC

required-field in FORMs

Hello,

I'd like to ask about *required-field* which is used in FORMs to make sure
the user doesn't keep the input field empty.

My question: is there any restriction on how to use it? or with what field
types to use it?

Because it was working perfectly previously. But now that I have the same
form but with different entity & fields, it's not working.

Question: can it be used with fields of type "numeric"? (I guess that's my
problem now. I have numerics)

Thanks,

-----
Jad El Omeiri

Re: required-field in FORMs

Posted by Jad El Omeiri <ja...@robertheath.co.uk>.
I created a new component all over again.
Just copy-pasted my code!
And "voila" working :P

-----
Jad El Omeiri

Re: required-field in FORMs

Posted by Jad El Omeiri <ja...@robertheath.co.uk>.
even with the old FORM I had (that was working fine), required-field="true"
is not working anymore.
I only get a * next to the text field. But the user is not prevented from
inputting something empty.

-----
Jad El Omeiri

Re: required-field in FORMs

Posted by Jad El Omeiri <ja...@robertheath.co.uk>.
the problem is not related to numerics. I checked it.
Maybe some mistake I recently did.

-----
Jad El Omeiri