Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Andrew F Hall <af...@circleup.com> on 2007/01/02 18:54:13 UTC

Configure portal for exception handling

Hi,

I'm new to jetspeed development and I'm trying to figure out whether or
not its possible to configure the portal server to handle exceptions
other then rendering an error message within a portlet.  Preferably, I
want to be able to redirect to error page.  That is, if any portlet
fails within a page, the page does not render, rather it redirects to an
error page.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Hall
<ma...@isg.la>

Re: Configure portal for exception handling

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Andrew F Hall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to jetspeed development and I'm trying to figure out whether or
> not its possible to configure the portal server to handle exceptions
> other then rendering an error message within a portlet.  Preferably, I
> want to be able to redirect to error page.  That is, if any portlet
> fails within a page, the page does not render, rather it redirects to an
> error page.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrew Hall
> <ma...@isg.la>

Seems like an interesting option.
Currently we don't support that, since the content of other portlets may
still be valid.

I think to support this, we would have to throw an extended
javax.portlet.PortletException, (non-portable), that Jetspeed could then
handle appropriately

If this is something you would like to see, please create a JIRA issue
(new feature)