Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/04 06:10:33 UTC

Re: EquinoxServiceDiscoverer needs to discover services only from 3rd bundles related to tuscany 2.x bundles

Hi,

I assume you run both Tuscany 1.x and 2.x in the same OSGi framework. We'll have the following cases:

1) Tuscany 1.x bundle
2) 3rd party extension bundle for Tuscany 1.x
3) Tuscany 2.x bundle
4) 3rd party extension bundle for Tuscany 2.x

For 3), we introduced a header in the MF (SCA-Version: 1.1) so that Tuscany 2.x runtime can discover them. We'll probably require 4) to add the SCA-Version header too to distinguish it from case 1) and 2). If no objections, I'll fix the check in EquinoxServiceDiscoverer.

For 1) and 2), you probably have to make sure the version range of Import-Package headers to be something like [1.0.0, 2.0.0).

Thanks,
Raymond

Right now, the EquinoxServiceDiscoverer is discovering services of all bundles (whose symbolic name does not start with "org.apache.tuscany" and which does not have an SCA-Version header). I believe it should only discover services from bundles which are intended to be run with tuscany 2.x bundles.

Hasan

Re: EquinoxServiceDiscoverer needs to discover services only from 3rd bundles related to tuscany 2.x bundles

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Good point. It seems that we need to combine the SCA-Header with the package
name of the class to decide.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.