Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com> on 2010/07/05 22:16:39 UTC

Deployment Repository Directory

Hi

I am trying to understand how to make use of Deployment Repository
Directory. I have specified a path to this directory  under General
Configuration. And I see that the artifacts do get created there. But
now I want to give our QA easy access to it from a browser. How do I
do it? Can I enable jetty to browse to that dir?

Thanks

Viv

Re: Deployment Repository Directory

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com> wrote:
> Hi Wendy
>
> I was curious, if you had any idea about this?

No idea really, I'm not that familiar with Jetty.  I'd first figure
out how to expose an arbitrary directory with "regular" Jetty, then go
looking for those same config files in the Continuum install.

(It was a holiday week last week, maybe someone else will be around
now who knows.)

--
Wendy

Re: Deployment Repository Directory

Posted by Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com>.
Hi Wendy

On Jul 5, 2010, at 6:15 PM, Viv Kapadekar wrote:

> Yes exactly, I am asking if it can be exposed using the bundled
> jetty instead of a separate web server or archiva.
>
> Thx,
> Viv
>
> PS:Sent from my mobile.
>

> On Jul 5, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Viv Kapadekar <vivek@peoplepowerco.com
>> > wrote:
>>> I am trying to understand how to make use of Deployment Repository
>>> Directory. I have specified a path to this directory  under General
>>> Configuration. And I see that the artifacts do get created there.
>>> But now I
>>> want to give our QA easy access to it from a browser. How do I do
>>> it? Can I
>>> enable jetty to browse to that dir?
>>
>> A better idea would be to set up a repository manager like Archiva
>> and
>> deploy the artifacts there using distributionManagement in your Maven
>> pom.  (I thought the deployment repository directory was going to be
>> removed, but it seems it's still there...)
>>
>> But if it's there, yes, you should be able to expose it with a web
>> server running on the same box.
>>
>> Are you asking if you can do it with the bundled Jetty server?
>>
>> --
>> Wendy

Viv Kapadekar
vivek@peoplepowerco.com