Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/02/08 10:41:40 UTC

o.a.c.i18n.AbstractBundleFactory.java (was: cvs commit: cocoon-2.2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/pagination Paginator.java)

On 08.02.2004 08:06, Ralph Goers wrote:

>  Just curious.  How do you know some Cocoon user hasn't extended this class?

Of course we can not be sure, for some classes it's just unlikely. So
this class was not in use even in the first version of the restructured
2.0 repositories from more than 2 years ago (before 2.0.1) [1]. Where
would you start to extend something? Based on an active or an inactive
class? Of course we can go the normal "deprecation way", but ... have a
look at this class [2], it does not do very much. 2 years not using a
class (maybe it was never used) is a "deprecation" to a certain extend.

Joerg

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2-historical/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/i18n/XMLResourceBundleFactory.java
[2]