Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Paul Squires <pa...@perininetworks.com> on 2014/11/07 01:27:34 UTC

Config for 200-500 users

Hi all,

We're talking with a prospective client at the moment regarding supporting
an OM install for between 200 and 500 users.

They have suggested to run this on a VPS with 2-core CPU and 2Ghz RAM.

The content will be fairly minimal: Powerpoints with audio description, and
the broadcast of pre-recorded audio.

My questions are:

- Can OM run pre-recorded audio (eg an MP3 file) in a session?

- Is the server config appropriate for so many users? I'm worried that it
will be insufficient... :-s

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Config for 200-500 users

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
You can try to:

1) record audio as video with no picture
2) create restricted room
3) set room as audio-only (or maybe remove "video-sharing" right from all
users)

might work :)

--
WBR