Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Paul Vorbach <pa...@device-insight.com> on 2015/05/26 17:14:07 UTC

Running Geronimo 3.0.1 under Java 8

Hello folks!

I am trying to migrate an existing Geronimo instance from 2.2 to 3.0.1. The
new instance needs to run under Java 8, though.

Trying to run Geronimo (no modifications have been made yet), I get the
following output:

C:\geronimo_filialglt\bin>geronimo run
Using GERONIMO_HOME:   C:\geronimo_filialglt
Using GERONIMO_SERVER: C:\geronimo_filialglt
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: C:\geronimo_filialglt\var\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_31\jre
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0
Main not found

Here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25086930/main-not-found-starting-apache-geronimo
I read this has to do with the JVM/JDK. Has anybody else had similar issues
with Java 8 and solved them?

Best regards,
Paul

Re: Running Geronimo 3.0.1 under Java 8

Posted by Paul Vorbach <pa...@device-insight.com>.
I found a solution for my problem:

You can rename the property "jre-1.7" in etc/config.properties to
"jre-1.8". After that, Geronimo will start successfully with Java 8.

Regards,
Paul

--
Paul Vorbach