Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> on 2008/03/09 21:22:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2

Hi all,

I have build our second bug-fix release for 1.3. It's uploaded to my
p.a.oaccount:

M2 Repo:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.2/m2-repo/

RAT log file:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.2/apache-wicket-1.3.2.rat

The files has been signed by me and you can find the key here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/wicket/1.3.1/KEYS

As usual I have tested the release myself and haven't found anything:

   - "mvn clean install" in the distribution (mac os x)
   - "mvn jetty:run" in jdk-1.5/wicket-examples. Random testing of form,
   ajax, pub, guice + some more. (mac os x, safari)
   - Checked the RAT log

[ ] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2
[ ] Don't release, because...

Thank you in advance,
Frank Bille

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
The vote has passed with 6 binding +1 and 1 non-binding +1.

I will upload to mirroring system and in 24 hours we can announce it.
Speaking of which, I have prepared the release notes[0], if anyone wants to
verify them.

Thank you all for taking time to verify this release
Frank

[0]: http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wicket-132.html

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
[x] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2

-igor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.
+1

AW: [VOTE] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Thank you, it's so easy, as you wrote. My browser seems to have a problem with his cache. He does not find the file. On another computer it works. Sorry for my confusing emails.

Stefan

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
That is done through maven.

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
+1 for releasing it

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
Looks fine to me +1 to release it

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:37 AM, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Nevermind, I looked into it a bit further.  I guess all of this stuff
> > was ironed out during incubation.  How do you guys keep all of this
> > straight (Doug Lea's code, some Apache 1.1-licensed diff stuff, etc.)?
> >  Do you do diffs of your RAT reports or something to make sure nothing
> > crazy sneaks in?  I'm just curious.
> >

> The RAT report is just to check the final distribution as a last resort. I
> normally just read through it manually looking for something I haven't seen
> before.
>
> The reason why I don't take the rat report so so serious is that every
> project we release has an ApacheLicenceHeaderTest which, when running unit
> tests goes through the entire project and checks for license headers being
> correct. If they don't contain the apache license header and *should not*
> contain it it is documented in the test itself where the file is excluded
> and documented. So we have full control over the source files long before we
> release.

And we document anything needed in the NOTICE files as well, of course

Frank

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
+1

Eelco

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> wrote:

> [x] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.2

After having tested in a real-life application I think it's fine

Frank