Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net> on 2002/06/19 14:18:19 UTC

Build error 2.0.39 w/SSL on Win2K

I thought I had this all figured out.  But downloaded the 2.0.39, win32
src zip file and ran make.  Hit this error in build of SSL.

Any thoughts?  The file dates seems to be okay for the .c/.h and the
.l/.y files.

Thanks,
Dwayne

Re: Build error 2.0.39 w/SSL on Win2K

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 08:51 AM 6/19/2002, Dwayne Miller wrote:
>Okay then.  That looks like it might be a good place to start looking. But
>it looks like it might be a problem with the distribution as this file
>contains dependancies on other distributed files... or, the win32
>environments must be set up to include bison and related utilties.  And
>I'm not even sure where to retrieve win32 versions of bison, sed, lex,
>yacc, etc

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ ... I will add a note to this effect
["shouldn't be required,
however you can find these tools..."] in the win_compiling.html.en docs.

devstudio projects exported for nmake often carry create-dir-foo.  These
relationships
can toggle a rebuild JUST BECAUSE the directory date stamp is off.  Bleck.
I suspect if we change the directory foo, you shouldn't be regenerating
anymore.

Re: Build error 2.0.39 w/SSL on Win2K

Posted by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net>.

Posted by Aryeh Katz <ar...@vasco.com>.

Posted by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net>.
No.  I recently removed bison.  Reason was that it should not be needed
to build this code as the .c and .h files that would be generated have
already been generated and are part of the distribution.  I checked
again and sure enough, the dates of the .c/.h files imply that they were
compiled after the .l/.y sources were modified.

I commented out the sections of the mod_ssl.mak that build these files
and everything worked fine.  I looked at the makefile sections and could
not figure out why the build was trying to rebuild those files... but it
does.  I'll keep looking, but I've never had a great understanding of
makefiles.

Bottom line is that it should not be entering the dependancy that uses
bison when compiling the distribution code.

Posted by Aryeh Katz <ar...@vasco.com>.

Posted by Dwayne Miller <dm...@espgroup.net>.
Whoops...  error generated is

 NMAKE  -f mod_ssl.mak CFG="mod_ssl - Win32 Debug" RECURSE=0
.\Debug\mod_ssl.so
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
 if not exist ".\Debug/" mkdir ".\Debug"
 tempfile.bat
'bison' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Could Not Find D:\CodeProjects\httpd-2.0.39\modules\ssl\y.tab.c
Could Not Find D:\CodeProjects\httpd-2.0.39\modules\ssl\y.tab.h
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'tempfile.bat' : return code '0x1'
Stop.