Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zakaria khabot <z....@ced.mfie.gov.ma> on 2003/10/07 14:22:48 UTC

Creating a bean!!!!

Hi,
I have created a formBean :
<form-beans>
<form-bean name="bookForm" type="books.Book"/>
</form-beans>

But the class Book isn't known as an element of tke package books. and I received this exception :

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception creating bean of class books.Book: {1}

	void org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.initFormBean()

		FormTag.java:563

	int org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag()

		FormTag.java:520

how to resolve this problem. thanks.

Re: Creating a bean!!!!

Posted by Adam L <ad...@hotmail.com>.
First:    you don't need to use excessive punctuation in your subject
titles.  More often than not it's bound to get your post ignored or pushed
aside.

Second:
      I don't understand from your message if you DO or DO NOT have a class
named "Book" that resides in the package "books"
   as in:
<code>
      package books;

      public class Book {}
</code>

 And, if you do:

Does the Book class extend org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm ?

 Does it have a no parameter constructor?