Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Enrique Medina <os...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/15 16:01:40 UTC

Struts Validator & Date Patterns

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to indicate a validation of
type "date" indicating as a dattePatern/datePatternStrict a key from
an application resource message file. I mean, instead of:

<field property="fechaCierre" depends="date">
<arg0 key="field.mantdimensionescg.fechaCierre" />
<arg1 name="date" key="${var:datePatternStrict}" resource="false"/>
<var><var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name><var-value>yyyyMMdd</var-value></var>
</field>

to be able to indicate the "yyyyMMdd" dynamically (to be found
through a key in a resource bundle).

Thanks in advance,
Enrique Medina.