Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Guillaume Alleon <gu...@laposte.net> on 2006/06/09 05:22:19 UTC

(pas de sujet)

Hi,

I have a problem I don't understand. I tried to configure a SVN
repository using an httpd server with access control as stated
in the svnbook. My Location block is looking like this:

Alias /incertitude/ /opt/svn/incertitude/

<Location /incertitude>
   DAV svn
   SVNPath /opt/svn/incertitude

   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Incertitude Subversion Repository"
   AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth-file

   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
     Require valid-user
   </LimitExcept>
</Location>

Nevertheless trying to commit I get this error

$ svn --username alleon ci AUTHORS -m "test SVN repository"
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: OPTIONS request failed on '/incertitude/trunk'
svn: OPTIONS of '/incertitude/trunk': Could not read response body:
connection was closed by server. (http://xxx.yyy.zzz)

while OPTIONS is in my except tag.

Thanks for your help
Guillaume

--
Guillaume ALLEON

Re: SVN/HTTPD failed

Posted by Guillaume Alleon <gu...@laposte.net>.
hey, going through your questions I get it working so probably it was
due to
/opt/svn/incertitude not belonging to apache.

thanks
guillaume
T. Wassermann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> ok. Questions:
>
> - Is /opt/svn/incertitude an direct repository-folder? (with the
> repos-data [subfolders conf, dav, db, ...] in it?)
> - Is /opt/svn/incertitude and all data in it read- and writable by the
> user, which runs the apache-webserver? (look in user-option in
> httpd.conf)
> - Is the AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth/file readable by the Apache user?
> - Does it work if you comment out the complete Limit-Block and the
> Auth* options?
>
> Greets
>
> Tobias
>
> Guillaume Alleon wrote:
>> Hi tobias,
>> I did it, restart my server but still get the same error.
>> thanks
>> Guillaume
>>
>> T. Wassermann a écrit :

>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>
>>> delete the alias line - for an location you don't need (better: must
>>> not have) an alias.
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>>

>>> Tobias

Guillaume ALLEON
http://guillaume.alleon.free.fr/

Re: SVN/HTTPD failed

Posted by "T. Wassermann" <ma...@tobias-wassermann.de>.
Hi,

Re: SVN/HTTPD failed

Posted by Guillaume Alleon <gu...@laposte.net>.
Hi tobias,

Re: SVN/HTTPD failed (was: (pas de sujet))

Posted by "T. Wassermann" <ma...@tobias-wassermann.de>.