Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Modanese, Riccardo" <Ri...@eurotech.com.INVALID> on 2019/08/26 11:43:25 UTC

Artemis - MQTT subscription: wrong * handling

Hello,
I’m playing a bit with Artemis using MQTT clients (Paho).
I noticed an unexpected behavior when an MQTT topic contains a ‘.’ (and I opened a ticket for it https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2455)
Now I’m seeing another unexpected behavior handling topics with ‘*’

In few words, if a message is published to a topic that contains a * the message is not propagated back to a client subscribed to MQTT hash topic (#) with one exception:
Publishing to topic:
    path1/*
the client receives back the message from
    path1/+
So the * is translated to +

Should I open a new JIRA issue or I’m missing some Artemis connector configuration parameter?

Regards

Riccardo Modanese

Re: Artemis - MQTT subscription: wrong * handling

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
Do you mean the message content changes from path1/* to path1/+? If so I
think it's a bug and you can raise a bug with test attached to help
investigate.