Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stephane Nicoll <sn...@apache.org> on 2007/05/04 20:09:03 UTC

[ANN] Maven Release Plugin 2.0-beta-5 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Release Plugin,
version 2.0-beta-5

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Release Plugin - Version 2.0-beta-5

** Bug
  * [MRELEASE-3] - release:prepare should not require multimodule
artifacts to be in the local repository
  * [MRELEASE-6] - Multiproject Release: No check in
  * [MRELEASE-16] - release-pom is changed too much
  * [MRELEASE-35] - release plugin doesn't tag correctly with
svn+ssh when remote and local username don't match
  * [MRELEASE-90] - Exception if version is SNAPSHOT
  * [MRELEASE-91] - Updating of dependencyManagement inconsistent
with updating of dependencies with regard to SNAPSHOTs
  * [MRELEASE-94] - Modified Parent POM is not commited
  * [MRELEASE-107] - scm.url gets translated incorrectly during release
  * [MRELEASE-110] - release:prepare generates tags with dots,
causing problems with CVS
  * [MRELEASE-114] - ${project.artifactId} was replaced with it's
value during release:perform
  * [MRELEASE-115] - Issue URL on pom is incorrect
  * [MRELEASE-116] - Wrong SCM info put by the release plugin for modules
  * [MRELEASE-122] - Versionless Extension causes
NullPointerException in release:prepare
  * [MRELEASE-128] - SCM properties being replaced during release:perform
  * [MRELEASE-131] - release:prepare failed in 'cvs ... commit'
phase for multi-module build
  * [MRELEASE-137] - proposed SCM release tag or label in multiproject
  * [MRELEASE-142] - Batch mode release plugin uses an invalid tag
  * [MRELEASE-144] - Release plugin did not ask for a Subversion tag
  * [MRELEASE-147] - Version number for a dependency with
${pom.groupId} not updated in multi-module.
  * [MRELEASE-151] - All child modules are forced to share the same parent POM
  * [MRELEASE-160] - The next snapshot version is not used un submodules
  * [MRELEASE-168] - All submodule projects must be from the same
subversion repository
  * [MRELEASE-180] - Rewritten  poms loose comments
  * [MRELEASE-190] - scmTagPhase scm comment when creating the
branch/tag directory uses the prefix [maven-scm]
  * [MRELEASE-191] - Certain tests fail when checked-out in 'projects' subdir
  * [MRELEASE-194] - SNAPSHOT as property bypasses dependency snapshot check
  * [MRELEASE-197] - Release plugin documentation on
maven.apache.org has broken link to release:rollback
  * [MRELEASE-202] - snapshot versions in dependencyManagement are not updated
  * [MRELEASE-209] - Snapshot versions are not restored correctly on
next development version
  * [MRELEASE-219] - Spurious warnings given when a release contains
subversion externals
  * [MRELEASE-221] - XML header missing in modified POM after release:prepare
  * [MRELEASE-222] - Wrong default tag name when used in a reactor environment

** Improvement
  * [MRELEASE-112] - release plugin should have option to ignore
snapshots of the release plugin
  * [MRELEASE-145] - release:prepare requires all modules to be SNAPSHOTS
  * [MRELEASE-183] - should report all unresolved dependencies, not
just the first encountered.
  * [MRELEASE-208] - Support for ClearCase, and other SCMs that do
checkout projects to subdirectories of the checkout directory
  * [MRELEASE-214] - scm:tag with scmCommentPrefix
  * [MRELEASE-220] - Add property to keep released versions for dependencies

** New Feature
  * [MRELEASE-130] - Create a model for a release
  * [MRELEASE-157] - Share version for multi-module releases
  * [MRELEASE-169] - Provide a mechanism to undo the effects of prepare

** Task
  * [MRELEASE-141] - Review Plugin Documentation
  * [MRELEASE-162] - Move all release core code in maven/shared

Enjoy!

- The Maven Team

Re: [ANN] Maven Release Plugin 2.0-beta-5 Released

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
it's the only way for now. I must modify Maven-SCM before to change it in the release plugin.

Emmanuel

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Tight. Now

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.