Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/11/26 07:45:58 UTC

Re: Change in Major MMN

>I would argue that the following bump in the MMN should not have been
>"MAJOR". It does not change structure sizes or remove/change
>functionality that would cause serious breakage for modules compiled
>against older servers. Am I wrong?

It was bumped before the .def file was even proposed.  In any case,
changing the definition of M_INVALID and METHODS is a sufficient
binary incompatibilty for any module that might use them.  That impacted
mod_access and mod_actions, so I think it is safer to assume that
a recompilation is needed.

....Roy