Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gc134728 <yv...@scarlet.be> on 2007/01/08 15:14:33 UTC

Re:maven-source-plugin and [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle,to prevent recursive invocation.

Hey,

I don't really know the answer to your question but you can also use the
property -DperformRelease=true.

Then javadoc & sourcejar are generated for you.  It saves you the trouble of
declaring the plugin's in every pom and it only generates the jars when you
ask it to. Not on every build. Saves in compile time.

> I've configured the maven-source-plugin as such:
>
> <plugin>
> 	<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> 	<artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
> 	<version>2.0.1</version>
> 	<executions>
> 		<execution>
> 			<!-- To deploy the sources automatically -->
> 			<goals>
> 				<goal>jar</goal>
> 				<goal>test-jar</goal>
> 			</goals>
> 		</execution>
> 	</executions>
> </plugin>
>
> so now the sources are packaged during the package phase
> (and I don't need to manually call "mvn source:jar"),
> however I consistently get this warning:
>
> [INFO] Preparing source:jar
> [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
> invocation.
>
> Why do I get this warning and is it dangerous?
>
> --
> With kind regards,
> Geoffrey De Smet

> ---
Scarlet ONE -  Combine ADSL with unlimited fixed phone and save 400 euros
http://www.scarlet.be