Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Rohini Uppuluri <ro...@glassdoor.com> on 2014/06/19 01:18:04 UTC

Specifying source and output directories for generated java code

Hi,

I am trying to change the Source directory, output directory ad field visibility for generated sources and I Can't seem to override the defaults.
My generated sources are in the default directory ${project.dir}/target/generated-sources/avro
Have I not configured correctly?

I am using avro version 1.7.6

When I tried to run in debug mode,  I see this
$mvn avro:idl-protocol --debug

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.apache.avro:avro-maven-plugin:1.7.6:idl-protocol' with basic configurator -->
[DEBUG]   (f) createSetters = true
[DEBUG]   (f) fieldVisibility = PUBLIC_DEPRECATED
[DEBUG]   (f) outputDirectory = xxx\target\generated-sources\avro
[DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject: xxx\pom.xml
[DEBUG]   (f) sourceDirectory = xxx/src\main\avro
[DEBUG]   (f) testOutputDirectory = xxx\target\generated-test-sources\avro
[DEBUG]   (f) testSourceDirectory = xxx\src\test\avro
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] -

Here is my entry from pom:

<plugin>
                                  <groupId>org.apache.avro</groupId>
                                  <artifactId>avro-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                  <version>${avro.version}</version>
                                  <executions>
                                         <execution>
                                                <id>schemas</id>
                                                <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                       <goal>schema</goal>
                                                       <goal>protocol</goal>
                                                       <goal>idl-protocol</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>
                                                       <sourceDirectory>src/main/resources/avro</sourceDirectory>
                                                       <outputDirectory>src/main/java/</outputDirectory>
                                                       <fieldVisibility>PRIVATE</fieldVisibility>
                                                       <includes>
                                                              <include>*/*.avdl</include>
                                                       </includes>
                                                </configuration>
                                         </execution>
                                  </executions>
                           </plugin>

Re: Specifying source and output directories for generated java code

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
I would review all of your paths, the output would indicate that there are
problems with them.

--
*Lewis*

RE: Specifying source and output directories for generated java code

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*

RE: Specifying source and output directories for generated java code

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*