Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Tuan Jean Tee <tu...@minterellison.com> on 2004/03/16 07:06:53 UTC

Can lucene index both Big5 and GB2312 encoding character?

Can I find out if I  have both Big5 and GB2312 encoded HTML files in two
separate directories, and when I build the index, does Lucene able to
distinguish the character set? or Lucene only work with single
encoding.

Thank you.

IMPORTANT -

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged in which case neither is intended to be waived. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening or sending them on. Where applicable, liability is limited by the Solicitors Scheme approved under the Professional Standards Act 1994 (NSW). Minter Ellison collects personal information to provide and market our services. For more information about use, disclosure and access, see our privacy policy at www.minterellison.com.