Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/02/18 18:40:00 UTC

Re: Interested in Helping with CI

On 19 Dec 2013, at 21:36 , Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2013, at 11:29 , Christopher Rigor <cr...@rigprog.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> I signed up at http://ci.couchdb.org:8888. I like to have access to the Jenkins server and the VMs. Here's my key https://gist.github.com/crigor/c030cad495327bea5944.
>
> Thanks! I’ll let you know once things are set up.

You are all set up here now and I have add your pubkey to all the CI build machines. :)

Good luck!
Jan
--

>> Is there a list of items that needs to be done in jira or somewhere else? You mentioned a few things here. Where can we discuss them in detail?
>
> I’ve created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-2008 to do this.
>
> Best
> Jan
> --
>

>> Regards,
>> Chris
>>

>>> Subject: Re: Interested in Helping with CI
>>> From: jan@apache.org
>>> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:29:59 +0100
>>> CC: dev@couchdb.apache.org
>>> To: crigor@rigprog.com
>>>
>>> Heya Christopher,
>>>
>>> thanks for wanting to help out! CI is very important but currently a bit stuck, so any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Aside from what’s documented in the wiki, there are a few new developments that I am overdue to share with the group, so thanks for nudging me :)
>>>
>>> I am happy to report that a SysEleven, a local hosting provider in Berlin has donated a rather beefy box to the CouchDB project to be used for CI purposes. The server comes with preinstalled VMs (see the list below) and we can request further VMs. Management of the VMs is entirely up to us.
>>>
>>> Initially, Till offered to get some more reproducible and automated deployment & setup going with Chef & friends but that effort stalled a bit because of technical issues.
>>>
>>> Dave has a new idea for setting that up (I’ll leave it to Dave to fill in the exact details), that involves Ansible & Packer. We’d need help to come up with a concrete set up that can be deployed on the VMs and hooked into Jenkins.
>>>
>>> The mid-term goal is to get all this into the hands of ASF infra, but I’d like to get it all running, so we don’t have to waste their time with setup woes that we can easily do ourselves.
>>>
>>> I can hand out access to the current Jenkins setup (at http://ci.couchdb.org:8888) as well as the VMs at request.
>>>
>>> The current VM/OS list is as follows:
>>>
>>> ubuntu64-1004
>>> ubuntu32-1004
>>> debian64-7
>>> debian32-7
>>> fedora64-17
>>> fedora32-17
>>> centos32-6
>>> centos64-6
>>> fedora32-18

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Confirmed, thanks!

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Interested in Helping with CI

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
The CI server seems to be down now. Is this a known problem?