Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by emily chen <em...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/23 22:56:43 UTC

How to retrieve all keys from cache

I have a JCS cache:

  JCS reportCache = JCS.getInstance("reportCache");

  // put serval reports object into cache.
  reportCache.put("report1", report1);
  reportCache.put("reprot2", report2);

  Now I want to retrieve all the keys from my reportCache. I think JCS should provide a method to do that, but I cannot find it in JCS API.

  thanks for your help.

  Lucy

Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Re: How to retrieve all keys from cache

Posted by Aaron Smuts <as...@yahoo.com>.
JCS does not provide such a method.  Not all
auxiliaries can support it and it isn't clear how the
cache should behave if the data is in a remote node.
The remote server, for instance, may have millions of
keys that are not stored locally.  Also, not all disk
caches will be able to return a list of keys.