Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Wimmer, Matthias" <ma...@scr.siemens.com> on 2002/06/28 02:32:41 UTC

create a portlet instance

Hello,

I figured out, how to create an instance of a portlet that has been
registered in the registry (XREG files). I do it this way:

	Entry   theEntry  = new Entry();
     	theEntry.setParent( "HelloVelocity" );
      Portlet thePortlet = PortletFactory.getPortlet( theEntry );

My question:
How do I create an instance of a portlet out of an entry in any PSML file?
The difference to the above is that I will also have access to the user
defined parameters.

Any advice very appreciated.

Matthias Wimmer

Re: create a portlet instance

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Matthias,

Please post a question on only 1 list.

Wimmer, Matthias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I figured out, how to create an instance of a portlet that has been
> registered in the registry (XREG files). I do it this way:
>
> 	Entry   theEntry  = new Entry();
>      	theEntry.setParent( "HelloVelocity" );
>       Portlet thePortlet = PortletFactory.getPortlet( theEntry );
>

> My question:
> How do I create an instance of a portlet out of an entry in any PSML file?
> The difference to the above is that I will also have access to the user
> defined parameters.

What is the goal?  When you portlet is called by Jetspeed, it is passed
RunData.  From their you can get parameter values.  We check the PSML
entry then the registry entry.

> Any advice very appreciated.
>
> Matthias Wimmer

Paul Spencer