Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Watzek <mw...@spree.de> on 2005/09/07 11:04:11 UTC

Re: [Jdo Wiki] Update of "LoggingDetails" by CraigRussell

Hi Craig,

just a little comment:

The following Apache page writes commons-logging in capitals:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html

The user guide writes it in capitals without a dash. Moreover, it uses
notion 'Jakarta Commons Logging' instead of 'Apache commons-logging':

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/guide.html

However, the API doc uses notion 'commons-logging':

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/index.html

I'm not sure which notion is best to use.

Regards,
Michael

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Michael,

I might have gotten carried away in editing the page. But I thought
the page should be self-consistent with the terms. I looked at one of
the Apache pages and it was all consistently commons-logging so I
tried to make all the references in this page to commons-logging.

I see from your references below that different authors had different
ideas as to the right name. :-(

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com