Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sarndeep Nijjar <sa...@googlemail.com> on 2013/03/03 20:54:41 UTC

Is Jmeter Scalable?

Hi,

Im looking to delve further into jmeter and use it as the standard tool
I use for all of my clients that require performance testing. Ive
started looking at running jmeter via cloud injectors so I can get some
pretty decent load, but I want to understand how scalable it is.

Has anyone had any experience at running Jmeter, either via cload
injectors or just from a big server for say 6000+ concurrent users? did
it perform well, were the results accurate?

I hope im not being too vague!

Re: Is Jmeter Scalable?

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

6000 users is easy to do.

For insanely larger tests (how about 1 million calls per second?), you
might find that other tools scale better. But only slightly, the difference
is given maybe not by the tool itself, as it is given by the technology
behind it. And those tools that I know of and seen in use, they aren't as
extensible as JMeter. As it uses Java and  there are so many systems
working on Java, you can imagine its pretty performant.

Mind you that all large tests come with quirks. So do the tools you use, no
matter which they are. If your approach is correct, JMeter will scale both
vertically and horizontally... You don't really need clouding services to
do it if you have the patience to take the hard approach, but if you don't
have much time at your disposal, they might prove useful.

Regards,
Adrian Speteanu

Re: Is Jmeter Scalable?

Posted by Sarndeep Nijjar <sa...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Guys,

Re: Is Jmeter Scalable?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hello,

--
Regards
Philippe M..

UBIK LOAD PACK Web Site <http://www.ubikloadpack.com/>

UBIK LOAD PACK on TWITTER <https://twitter.com/ubikloadpack>

Re: Is Jmeter Scalable?

Posted by Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Is Jmeter Scalable?

Posted by TODD TRIMMER <to...@gmail.com>.
There are businesses like Blazemeter who scale JMeter on their cloud
infrastructure. Look for technical details there for metrics and scaling
tips to avoid memory issues.