Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/06/03 22:18:00 UTC

My next check in may break the build

Hi,

Just about to check in some changes that might break the build on Mac/Windows - that should be a clue to what the check in is :-). If it does break I'll fix it quickly.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: My next check in may break the build

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> We can have Jenkins automate this. We can have the Linux build
> download the artifact(s) from the nightly build (which we discussed
> yesterday) and use those, right?
I assume you mean have Jenkins create the pb.tar.gz file? Not sure if that fits in with Adobe licensing or Apache policy.

> Does a Linux build have any dependencies on specific software on the
> build machine?
Nothing other than the usual ie ant and a JDK. I happen to be using Ant 1.8.2 and OpenJDK 1.7 on Ubuntu 12.4.1.

This also means we should be able to use Linux build machines and not just the windows ones for doing some tasks.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
We can have Jenkins automate this. We can have the Linux build
download the artifact(s) from the nightly build (which we discussed
yesterday) and use those, right?

Does a Linux build have any dependencies on specific software on the
build machine?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: My next check in may break the build

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
> It needs to be obtained from somewhere. On Linux we can't compile the files, and having the compiled files in version control is not an option as that's against Apache policy.

Apparently it is possible to run Pixel Bender on Linux using Wine  [1]
Would this approach work for us?

Thanks,
Om

[1] http://www.borisvanschooten.nl/blog/2010/04/28/getting-started-with-pixelbender-flash-linux/

Re: My next check in may break the build

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> OK, but does it get automatically downloaded?  Or do folks have to
> download manually?
Currently manually. The PIXELBENDER_HOME points to the directory where the zip lives.

> One thought I had was to pull them from a recent Apache Flex binary kit.
I'd prefer to avoid that if we can, I'd like to add less dependancies rather than more.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.