Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Steichardt <mo...@globalpark.de> on 2006/11/17 16:13:49 UTC

Detecting FlowText overflow

Hi!

Is there any possibility to check if the text of a flowText (yes the batik
extension. NOT a flowRoot) doesn't fit in the specified region(s)? If so, are
there any examples how to do that?

Kind regards,

	Andreas Streichardt

Re: Detecting FlowText overflow

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Steichardt <mo...@globalpark.de> wrote on 11/17/2006 10:13:49 AM:

> Is there any possibility to check if the text of a flowText (yes the
batik
> extension. NOT a flowRoot) doesn't fit in the specified region(s)? If
so, are
> there any examples how to do that?

   This isn't really simple.  The best you can do really is ask for the
bbox
of the last character.  If it doesn't have one then probably the text
overflowed.  Sorry, I don't have any examples of how to do this...