Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/17 10:11:19 UTC

fediz & SSO?

Hi,

i didn't see anything in the roadmap of fediz regarding the 'classical' SSO
(between 2 webapps with GUI).

It doesn't seem to currently work (well that's not a big surprise but
that's a big problem for real applications which have GUI + WS).

Any information about it?

Another question is the GUI used for the login, a 401 is rarely what an
application wants, any way to use a form or is th eonly way to achieve it
 forking the existing servlets?

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*Twitter: @rmannibucau*
*Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com*

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
i was thinking of using it as IDP or sthg close

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

RE: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Cabrera Juan Manuel <Ju...@atos.net>.
Hello.

I'm working with Romain on SSO and Fediz subjects in Atos.
For what it's worth, this scenario makes perfect sense to me :)
That would create a clear separation between the sessions of each application, and a clear opportunity to control more thoroughly the timespan at which a given application must come back to the IDP to get a new token; for instance 1 minute long tokens for sensitive applications would prevent sessions on a sensitive application to survive the death of the IDP session more than one minute (kind of dirty, nearly-sync, poor man's single sign out).

Regards,
Juan Manuel

RE: fediz & SSO?

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
not sure i get it,

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 20/08/12 22:17, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> two distinct RP webapps (let say in different tomcat).
>
> currently it "almost works" because with 401 the client (browser) will
> cache authorization header so it will seem it work but since you change the
> way you login (and the user/pass is no more in headers) it can't work
> anymore (typically a form).

This seems like a state management issue to me. Fediz currently relies
on the servlet container to manage the session state, so if you say have
the single application running on two Tomcat containers then Tomcat has
to be configured to get the state shared between multiple containers, I
recall I saw some material on the web on how to do it,

Re: fediz & SSO?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

RE: fediz & SSO?

Re: fediz & SSO?