Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Heart Prince <th...@hotmail.com> on 2003/08/05 14:56:51 UTC

how to suppor 30000 concurrent users

howmany concurrent users does tomcat support? if i want to design a web
application for 30,000 concurrent users, what is the step?  clustering is
related to this? how many servers i need if i am clustering

Re: how to suppor 30000 concurrent users

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@baseBeans.com>.
If you use Resin/J:Rockit/NewISys 2100, you can do at least 4,000
cocurent users w/ sub second response time. (test your app w/ free
DiselTest - part of Jasic and linked on basicPortal.com, other links
there to)
NewIsys is a 1U.
A 19" rack can hold 40. You need 3-4 racks.
He.net charges $400 per month per rack, so $1200-$1400 for 3-4 full
racks to co/lo. (I might cost out blade performance to lower rack cost).
Tou migh want to use pgSQL.

Open source is great at large sites that are run for profit. (I wonder
what MS SQL/Share point costs for 4 racks?)

Good luck.
.V

--
Vic Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor,

Advanced <a href ="baseBeans.com">Struts Training</a>, mentoring and
project recovery in North East.
Open Source <a href ="baseBeans.com">Portal Content Management</a>
basicPortal  software.

Re: how to suppor 30000 concurrent users

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vi...@baseBeans.com>.