Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2015/10/10 18:42:31 UTC

[OT] response challenge method

again an off-topic question, but I guess many of you have an answer and
I tend to trust you, fellow riveters.

I will do a small web site for scientific conference and I must accept
subscription form data without authentication, so I thought that having
something like Captcha could be useful for this case.

Do you have former experience on this, do you have recommendation for an
open source, easy to deploy solution?

thanks

  -- Massimo

Re: [OT] response challenge method

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de>.
That is big fun !
Thanks, great !
Sometimes, it is so simple ;-)

Enjoy,
Harald

Am 22.10.2015 um 09:57 schrieb Massimo Manghi:
> I had from Richard Hipp (Sqlite and Fossil) full permission to reproduce
> the ASCII glyphs Fossil uses to provide basic (but effective in most
> cases) protection of the login form.
>
> The HexGlyph package in trunk will thus be copied also in branches/2.2
> to release it with 2.2.4.
>
>  -- Massimo
>
> On 10/13/2015 09:37 AM, Massimo Manghi wrote:
>>
>> We may borrow this idea from fossil and reimplement it for Rivet.
>> Something like a configurable Itcl/TclOO class with a central output
>> that returns an HTML fragment with the text to be returned. It shouldn't
>> be difficult, just a bit cumbersome because the characters are probably
>> to be typeset with a text editor....or maybe fossil's code for that
>> functionality has a license that allows us to borrow from it (adding the
>> due acknowledgments in our code)
>>
>>    -- Massimo

ELMICRON Dr. Harald Oehlmann GmbH
Koesener Str. 85
06618 Naumburg
Germany
Phone: +49 (0)3445 78112-0
Fax: +49 (0)3445 78112-19
www.Elmicron.de
German legal references:
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Harald Oehlmann, Jens Oehlmann
UST Nr. / VAT ID No.: DE206105272
HRB 212803 Stendal

Re: [OT] response challenge method

Posted by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org>.