Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ben DJ <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 00:11:36 UTC

Can sa-compile use distributed compile services, e.g. distcc/icecream?

Hi,

I've just installed Spamassassin on an old/dedicated Mail Server.  It runs fine.

When I compile rules on that box with sa-compile, it takes forever,
~2-3 hours per run.

I've got plenty of CPU "lying around" -- on different arch/OS-es.
Typically, for "just cc" tasks, I can use 'distcc' or Suse's variant
of it, IceCream, to offload CPU tasks from the underpowered server.

Can 'sa-compile' be made to use these distributed cross-compile
services?  It would be great to offload the CPU tasks, still using, of
course, all the local rules, headers, etc etc on the server.

Thanks,

BenDJ