Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr> on 2019/07/19 12:31:09 UTC

Design and Source view of persistence.xml don't match

Hi,

I continue to test NetBeans 11.1 beta 4 and report potential bugs (is it the right place to do it?)

Web project with Payara 5.192.

Just after having created a Web project with Maven, if I display persistence.xml, the 2 views, Source and Design, don't match (for example the version of JPA or the JDBC connection). Do you have the same problem?

I join an image of the Design view and here it is the source:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="2.2" xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/persistence"<http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/persistence> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance> xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/persistence http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_2.xsd"<http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/persistencehttp://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_2.xsd>>
    <!-- Define Persistence Unit -->
    <persistence-unit name="my_persistence_unit">

    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Another (small and not important) problem: in the design view it is not possible to check "Include All Entity Classes...", even after having added entity classes coming from the wizard "Add Entities from database".

In another project, I have added <jta-data-source>jdbc/sample</jta-data-source> inside the persistence unit and nothing have appeared in the Design view. The design view seems unstable: sometimes good, sometimes not good. However it is not a blocker because it is always possible to use the source view.

Richard

Re: Design and Source view of persistence.xml don't match

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Yes: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2848

Gj