Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by JiLong Rao <jj...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/07/25 19:31:40 UTC

Connection problem from Jet-1.5 to Oralce-10g server in an RAC cluster

I have been using Jetspeed-1.4/1.5 connected to Oralce-8i and 9i via Torque for years. It has always been working very well until now when we shift the connection to a new Oralce-10g DB server with an RAC cluster. Only thing I changed in torque.properties file is:

torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1521:ABCDE

of course with correct user ID and password. Then a fatal error comes out, connection is failed (detailed info is attached).

Only source I can realize is as follows: In previous successful connections, ABCDE is always the value of SID. However, the Oralce-10g DB server is configured now in an RAC cluster and gives us its connection string with SERVICE_NAME = ABCDE.WXYZ as:

ABCDE =

  (DESCRIPTION =

    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)(PORT = 1521))

    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy)(PORT = 1521))

    (LOAD_BALANCE = yes)

    (CONNECT_DATA =

      (SERVER = DEDICATED)

      (SERVICE_NAME = ABCDE.WXYZ)

    )

  )

It means that the string ABCDE is not the SID anymore and is not service_name either. It is rather be the tnsname in tnsnames.ora file where the Tomcat is located.  It is corresponding to the SERVICE_NAME of ABCDE.WXYZ in the above string. This might the source triggering the error since that torque could ask a valid format of "host:port:sid" in its properties file.

Therefore, the question might become: how to set torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url correctly when using SERVICE_NAME rather than SID ?  Please be aware:

the SID is always a one word string and SERVICE_NAME in an RAC cluster is a dot separated multi-words string.

Thanks for your help.

Attached: Error message

Jul 22, 2005 10:45:19 AM org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker <init>

WARNING: IDBroker is being used with db 'default', which does not support transactions. IDBroker attempts to use transactions to limit the possibility of duplicate key generation.  Without transactions, duplicate key generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other means are used to write to the database.

Jul 22, 2005 10:45:19 AM org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer initTableSchema

SEVERE: org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESC

RIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=168821504)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI

=4))))

Jul 22, 2005 10:45:19 AM org.apache.jetspeed.om.security.turbine.BaseTurbineUser

Peer initClass

SEVERE: A FATAL ERROR has occurred which should not have happened under any circ

umstance.  Please notify the Torque developers <turbine-torque-dev@jakarta.apach

e.org> and give as many details as possible (including the error stack trace).

java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): Io exception:

Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=168821504)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(

ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:274)

        at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:249)

(Detailed error stack trace will be suplyed upon request))

Re: Connection problem from Jet-1.5 to Oralce-10g server in an RAC cluster

Posted by JiLong Rao <jj...@sbcglobal.net>.
It works now in the way you are using. Thanks, Martin.

JiLong

Martin Dulisch <md...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi JiLong,

I connect to a oracle 9 rac server with the following connection url.
It is a little bit different to your syntax:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=YES)(FAILOVER
=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=xxx.xxx.com)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS
=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=xx2.xxx.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVI
CE_NAME=yyy.yyy.com)(SERVER=DEDICATED)(FAILOVER_MODE=(TYPE=select)(ME
THOD=basic))))

Martin

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@gmail.com>.
Hi JiLong,