Posted to user@drill.apache.org by steffen schuler <st...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/24 06:47:21 UTC

Redefining existing data into something like a View

Hi Drill-Users,

I have a fundamental question about refining existing data structures with drill.

Is it possible with drill to (re-)define something like a „View“ (combination of existing
data tables) and have all of the CRUD functionality available against this new „View“?

Any hint is welcome : )

Kind Regards,

Steffen Schuler

Re: Redefining existing data into something like a View

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Parth is, of course, exactly correct.  Drill doesn't do CRUD.

On the other hand, that isn't the end of the story. Because of the
treatment of directories as tables and the ability to create files (as
tables), you can get the effect of atomic for large scale inserts. Likewise
for file-at-a-time deletions via drop.

Moreover, a modicum of trickery outside of Drill can make a lot of other
kinds of mutation work as well.

Posted by Parth Chandra <pc...@maprtech.com>.
Yes, you can create views [1]