Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2020/08/06 22:20:08 UTC

Re: Dev-m2 on macOS

On 7/15/2020 12:01 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Am 15.07.20 um 17:24 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
>> On 7/8/2020 3:15 PM, Peter wrote:
>>> Maybe we have a general issue with extensions on 4.2.0? I mean other
>>> extensions crash AOO. And if hunspell is not working, maybe it does not
>>> crash but just does not work?
>> I just checked the Windows Version of AOO 4.2.0 I have been going
>> through and the Spell Check works fine. I will load the other extensions
>> that I have installed on 4.1.7 and check them as well.
>
> On Windows can you please try:
>
> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/oracle-report-builder
>
> and
>
> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdf-import-apache-openoffice
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

Hi Matthias;

Sorry for taking so long to get back on this. This message slipt by me
on gmane and just saw it. I tried to install both the above extension
into 4.2.0-dev-2 and both exhibit the same problem. They start to
install and then immediately freeze AOO and it can only be closed by a
force quit through task manager.

Regards
Keith

Re: Dev-m2 on macOS

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Keith,

Am 07.08.20 um 00:20 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
> On 7/15/2020 12:01 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Keith,

>>> I just checked the Windows Version of AOO 4.2.0 I have been going
>>> through and the Spell Check works fine. I will load the other extensions
>>> that I have installed on 4.1.7 and check them as well.
>> On Windows can you please try:
>>
>> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/oracle-report-builder
>>
>> and
>>
>> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdf-import-apache-openoffice
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
> Hi Matthias;
>
> Sorry for taking so long to get back on this. This message slipt by me
> on gmane and just saw it. I tried to install both the above extension
> into 4.2.0-dev-2 and both exhibit the same problem. They start to
> install and then immediately freeze AOO and it can only be closed by a
> force quit through task manager.

Exactly what I see...

And there are many more. Since they do work on 4.1.x that makes it a
regression.

Regards,

   Matthias