Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/06 19:21:05 UTC

how get the url for a wadl of a REST web service.

i would add the url for a web service REST into my panel of netbeans

How i can get the wadl?

Re: how get the url for a wadl of a REST web service.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-client-api.html

Posted by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> but so what jars you advise to use for create a java client for a rest cxf
> web service deployed on tomee 1.7.1 plus?

CXF client still works. It also has the feature (advantage or drawback
depending your app) to be able to create a proxy from a JAXRS API (ie you
don't really care about rest in your java code)

Re: how get the url for a wadl of a REST web service.

Posted by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> [...]
>
>         public ClientEjb() {
>             client = javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newClient();
>             webTarget = client.target(BASE_URI).path("ejb");
>         }
>
>         /**
>          * @param responseType Class representing the response
>          * @return response object (instance of responseType class)
>          */
>         public <T> T get_application_octet_stream(Class<T> responseType)
> throws ClientErrorException {
>             return webTarget.request().get(responseType);
>         }
>
>         public void close() {
>             client.close();
>         }
>     }
>
>     static class ClientPojo {
>
>         private WebTarget webTarget;
>         private Client client;
>         private static final String BASE_URI =
> "http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/";
>
>         public ClientPojo() {
>             client = javax.ws.rs.client.ClientBuilder.newClient();
>             webTarget = client.target(BASE_URI).path("pojo");
>         }
>
>         /**
>          * @param responseType Class representing the response
>          * @return response object (instance of responseType class)
>          */
>         public <T> T get_application_octet_stream(Class<T> responseType)
> throws ClientErrorException {
>             return webTarget.request().get(responseType);
>         }
>
>         public void close() {
>             client.close();
>         }
>     }
>
>     public static void main(String[] arg) {
>         String resultfromejb;
>         String resultfrompojo;
>
>         ClientPojo cpojo = new ClientPojo();
>         resultfrompojo = (String)
> cpojo.get_application_octet_stream(String.class);
>         System.out.println(".......\n");
>         System.out.println("Result from call to pojo\n");
>         System.out.println(resultfrompojo);
>
>         System.out.println(".......\n");
>         cpojo.close();
>
>         System.out.println(".......\n");
>         System.out.println("Result from call to pojo\n");
>         ClientEjb cejb = new ClientEjb();
>         resultfromejb = (String)
> cejb.get_application_octet_stream(String.class);
>         System.out.println(resultfromejb);
>         cejb.close();
>
>     }
> }
> -------------------------------
>
> netbeans when from wizard create the client for the resources it import the
> jersey librarìes into java project .
>
> For my simple java client of rest it work!!!!!!!!!
>
> So i ask:
>
> 1)
> if i create with jersey libvrary a client for a rest web services deployed
> on tomee (cxf implementation of rest) , it work also for big applications
> or
> can create problems use a client create with jersey and the side server

the issue is on the API not the implementation but the effect are the same.
If possible I would avoid.

> 2) if i would use only cxf library for the client , what jars i have to
> import into the java client project ?

For TomEE 1 using jaxrs 2 client is quite hard and fragile. TomEE 2 will
have it built in (available on snapshots).

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> hi Romain . I have tried to modify your example named
> rest-example-with-application .
>
> I have deployed it at openshift.
>
> Also i have wirted a Ejb Singleton that scheduled a call to each resource
> rest each 6 heures .
> For avoid that my  tomee go into sleep . and be responsive all time.
>

> *1) you tink that it work ?*

Did something like that when I was using openshift but makes month now,
guess you'll know quickly if it doesn't. The only thing is to use the
public IP and not the internal one injected in the environment IIRC.

> [...]
>
>             System.out.print("\n----------\n");
>         } else {
>
>             System.out.print("\n----------\n");
>             System.out.print("lo schedule NON FUNZIONA");
>
>             System.out.print("\n----------\n");
>         }
>     }
>
>   //  @Schedule(second = "5,25,35,45", minute = "*", hour = "*")
>      @Schedule(second = "0", minute = "0", hour = "1,5,11,17,22")
>     public void schedulachiamata2(Timer timer) {
>
>         String message = WebClient.create("
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com")
>                 .path("/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/pojo/")
>                 .accept(MediaType.TEXT_PLAIN)
>                 .get(String.class);
>         if (message != null) {
>
>             System.out.print("\n----------\n");
>             System.out.print("ok lo scheduler ha funzionato!!!:\n
> risultato= " + message);
>             System.out.print("\n----------\n");
>         } else {
>             System.out.print("\n----------\n");
>             System.out.print("lo schedule NON FUNZIONA");
>             System.out.print("\n----------\n");
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> ---------------------------
> 2) for the wadl
> link of my 2 resources:
>

> *http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/pojo
> <http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/pojo
> >http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/ejb
> <http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/ejb
> >*
>

> *for the wadl*:
>

> *
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/pojo?_wadl
> <
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/pojo?_wadl
> >**
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/ejb?_wadl
> <
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/ejb?_wadl
> >*
>
> but with
>

> *
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix?_wadl
> <
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix?_wadl
> >*
>

> *i get all resources ?<application><grammars/><resources
> base="
> http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/
> <http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/
> >"><resource
> path="/ejb"><method name="GET"><response><representation
> mediaType="application/octet-stream"><param name="result" style="plain"
> path="/pojo"><method name="GET"><response><representation
> mediaType="application/octet-stream"><param name="result" style="plain"

yes matching cxf / path (ie the path where you bound your services, can be
a servlet mapping if you use web.xml or @ApplicationPath) then you list all
resources. Using a subpath matching only N resources the wadl is filtered.

Posted by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>.

base="http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/
<http://maurotomee17-mauro.rhcloud.com/openshiftScheduler/rest-prefix/>"><resource

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.