Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/05/01 20:22:42 UTC

[FLEXJS] Problem compiling Core extern

Hi,

I am currently working on migrating the compilation of externs for the core modules. Unfortunately I am having some trouble but I think the error message is valid.

/Users/christoferdutz/Projects/Apache/Flex/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/CSSTextField.as:160
Error: The definition of base class TextField was not found.
public class CSSTextField extends TextField
                                 ^
If I have a look at the code, the import to TextField is only done when compiling with COMPILE::AS set to true, but when compiling the extern, this is set to false and so no import for TextField is added. How does the ANT build do it?

Chris

AW: [FLEXJS] Problem compiling Core extern

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

I just had a look at the project, but I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the "CoreClasses" class. In SWF files I know only the classes transitively referenced by the main class are included, but for SWCs I always thought all classes were compiled as you never know which classes are needed.

But even if it would work that way, why does the CSSTextFied have AS and JS blocks, if the class is only included in AS ... I have to admit, that's a little confusing :-(

Chris
>I am currently working on migrating the compilation of externs for the
>core modules. Unfortunately I am having some trouble but I think the
>error message is valid.
>

>/Users/christoferdutz/Projects/Apache/Flex/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/C
>ore/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/CSSTextField.as:160
>Error: The definition of base class TextField was not found.
>public class CSSTextField extends TextField
>                                 ^
>If I have a look at the code, the import to TextField is only done when
>compiling with COMPILE::AS set to true, but when compiling the extern,
>this is set to false and so no import for TextField is added. How does
>the ANT build do it?

The compile-as-config for core only includes the files mentioned in
basic-manifest.xml, and in CoreClasses.as, where CSSTextField is inside a
COMPILE::AS3 block, so the extern compile shouldn't even look at
CSSTextField.

HTH,
-Alex

Re: [FLEXJS] Problem compiling Core extern

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.