Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matthew Yette <my...@mapolce.com> on 2005/08/05 21:09:50 UTC

Rule for subjects that start with a whitespace

Does anyone know how I would create a rule that detected any subject
lines that start with a whitespace? For example:

Subject: " This would be tagged as spam"

Thanks!

Matt

--
Matthew Yette
Senior Engineer - NOC/Operations

Re: Rule for subjects that start with a whitespace

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:09:50PM -0400, Matthew Yette wrote:
> Does anyone know how I would create a rule that detected any subject
> lines that start with a whitespace? For example:
>
> Subject: " This would be tagged as spam"

By convention, all subjects start with whitespace.
"Subject: Re: Rule for ..." starts with a space, for example.

In your example, the subject starts with a double-quote, which
isn't whitespace.  If you are looking for a subject that starts with
non-alphanumeric characters, you could just do:

header T_FOO Subject =~ /^\s?\W/

Or something.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"This is turning into one very sexy struggle for the human race."