Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/11/29 10:25:02 UTC

Re: Lets get out of here

On 2011-11-29, Gavin McDonald wrote:

> Ok so to not hold up a graduation means actually doing something about
> graduating.

Thank you!

> I've poured through docs and I think we are done at this point, the
> IPMC can point out anything else rather than us look for faults.

8-)

> 1. Create a [VOTE] thread someone please to rename the project to creadur.

On its way, it seems.

> I will happily call a vote for who becomes chair, though I'd rather RBL or
> Stefan just get it.
>   (It's going to be one of them)

Robert, not me.  And not only because I am already chairman of a
different PMC.

Stefan

Re: Lets get out of here

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 11/29/11 09:25, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-11-29, Gavin McDonald wrote:
>
>> Ok so to not hold up a graduation means actually doing something about
>> graduating.
>
> Thank you!

+1

The brand team and the IPMC seem to be consumed by other issues ATM :-/

But let's get everything else sorted out

Robert

RE: Lets get out of here

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

It's just a board report every 3 months but if you are sure you don't want
it
then we will need to choose another. No problem.

Gav...

Re: Lets get out of here

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 11/29/11 12:43, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 11/29/11 09:25, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On 2011-11-29, Gavin McDonald wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> I will happily call a vote for who becomes chair, though I'd rather RBL or
>>> Stefan just get it.
>>>   (It's going to be one of them)
>>
>> Robert, not me.  And not only because I am already chairman of a
>> different PMC.
>
> I don't really do roles

(I probably owe the list a longer explanation)

Pragmatically, I now have to put myself and my health first. This means
not taking on any commitments which require typing. I've worked with
Jochen for many years, and respect him both as a developer and a quiet
leader. I would love to see Jochen nominated as Chair but (sadly) I'm
unclear whether Jochen would be able to accept.

Generally, IMO the best PMC chairs are quiet, strategy thinkers; who
respond quickly to issues on the private lists and take care of reports
but aren't burned out by pushing the code or the public lists forward.
So, I think Ross or Gavin would be much better choices than myself.

Robert

Re: Lets get out of here

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 11/29/11 09:25, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-11-29, Gavin McDonald wrote:

<snip>

>> I will happily call a vote for who becomes chair, though I'd rather RBL or
>> Stefan just get it.
>>   (It's going to be one of them)
>
> Robert, not me.  And not only because I am already chairman of a
> different PMC.

I don't really do roles

Robert