Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Sethuraman, Nirmala (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <ni...@nsn.com> on 2008/07/23 09:52:24 UTC

Upgrading from subversion 1.4.3 to 1.5

Hello

We are currently using subversoin 1.4.3 and are planning to upgrade to
1.5, as we are interested in the merge tracking feature of subversion
1.5.
I would like to know if subversion 1.5 is stable enough to migrate. Any
information in this regard would be helpful.

Best Regards
Nirmala

Re: Upgrading from subversion 1.4.3 to 1.5

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 23, 2008, at 04:52, Sethuraman, Nirmala (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are currently using subversoin 1.4.3 and are planning to upgrade
> to 1.5, as we are interested in the merge tracking feature of
> subversion 1.5.
>
> I would like to know if subversion 1.5 is stable enough to migrate.
> Any information in this regard would be helpful.
>
> Best Regards
> Nirmala

Subversion 1.5 is the best release available at this time. There were
11 release candidates of 1.5 before it was released, so it has been
through extensive testing. Please upgrade and let us know if you
encounter any problems so that they can be fixed.

Re: Upgrading from subversion 1.4.3 to 1.5

Posted by steven higgan <st...@gmail.com>.
this is just my vho but I am holding off on upgrading any of the
repositories I manage untill at least 1.5.2

why ???

a lot of changes went into 1.5.0, not just the merge tracking, but a whole
bunch of other stuff (if you want to know more search the archives there
have been long conversations about it)

my personal feeling is that 1.5.0 simply isnt mature enough, right now its
getting the testing it needs, i am just letting everybody else do the
testing for me :)

RE: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by micha137 <bu...@iat.uni-leipzig.de>.
This helped me: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=498340

RE: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by Roland Cruse <ro...@vrs-soft.com>.
> Nevermind.  I now see indications it does work.  Here is an example
> blog:
>
> http://www.gnulab.org/node/52

Thanks for that link. But no joy :(

I added the AuthzSVNAccessFile /foo/bar directive to my config with permissive settings:
[/]
* = rw

It does not prompt for a password just hangs chewing on 100% cpu.

Re: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought SVN does not support Digest authentication.  I recall this
> is in the book or somewhere else I have read.

Nevermind.  I now see indications it does work.  Here is an example blog:

http://www.gnulab.org/node/52

What I was thinking of was Apache 2.0 had a bug that needed to be
fixed at one point.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Roland Cruse <ro...@vrs-soft.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Anybody got apache digest authentication working with subversion?
>
> apache 2.6.6
> subversion 1.5

I assume you mean 2.2.6?