Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Dan Engelbrecht <da...@engelbrecht.com> on 2013/09/30 10:01:29 UTC

Bind to ip for socket server

Am I missing something or does the implementation of TServerSocket not provide an api to specify the ip address to bind on?

I can only provide a socket and then Thrift impl just takes the first available ip using getaddrinfo... Correct?

The Java version seems to provide a bindaddress...

Best,
Dan

Re: Bind to ip for socket server

Posted by Ben Craig <be...@apache.org>.
> Am I missing something or does the implementation of TServerSocket
> not provide an api to specify the ip address to bind on?
>
> I can only provide a socket and then Thrift impl just takes the
> first available ip using getaddrinfo... Correct?
>
> The Java version seems to provide a bindaddress...

The C++ implementation does not currently provide a way to bind to a
specific address.  If you can provide a patch, I can see about getting
such a feature in the next release of Thrift.

http://thrift.apache.org/docs/HowToContribute/