Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com> on 2007/01/12 19:21:33 UTC

No ajax-response elements recieved

Have you any idea of the cases where an Ajax request leads to the "No
ajax-response elements recieved" error on the client ?

--
Stéphane Decleire

Re: No ajax-response elements recieved

Posted by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com>.
OK, the problem was an encoded german umlaut. E.g. the letter "ü" is
(giving credit to the pred UTF-8 days) often encoded as &uuml; in web
pages.
If the text is included in the XML response during an update, the XML
engine of IE is stumbling about it.

As the default charset is UTF-8 anyway it's no big deal to send the
decoded values.
Anyway the error is hard to track down which makes it annoying.

Regards,
 Markus

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah. It could be that it doesn't work when firebug lite is loaded
before dojo? Either way I'll be able to fix it in dojo as needed.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: No ajax-response elements recieved

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.