Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2012/10/10 18:27:53 UTC

Converting Maven Core to Git

Hi,

Where are the scripts that were used to convert the other repos to Git? I'm going to spend tomorrow trying to convert Maven core over to Git as trying to finish the other work I'm trying to do and using Subversion is getting in my way so I'd just like to be done with moving the core over to Git. Pure selfish motivation.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.

 -- Paul Graham

Re: Converting Maven Core to Git

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
So what exactly is left to be done and can they be done now. I'm trying to finish my work and I would just not do this with subversion at all.

On Oct 10, 2012, at 12:43 PM, Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no> wrote:

> The repo is already ported, it's just a matter having infra flip some
> switches. ISTR there are some issues that need to be fixed in the core
> it's when running from a git repo
>
> Those issues can be fixed now ;)
>
> Kristian
>
> Den 10. okt. 2012 kl. 18:28 skrev Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Where are the scripts that were used to convert the other repos to Git? I'm going to spend tomorrow trying to convert Maven core over to Git as trying to finish the other work I'm trying to do and using Subversion is getting in my way so I'd just like to be done with moving the core over to Git. Pure selfish motivation.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder & CTO, Sonatype
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.
>>
>> -- Paul Graham

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare

Re: Converting Maven Core to Git

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.